Monday 11 October 2010

School Magazine Cover in the Making...

I took screen shots of my product while I was in the process of making it, here are some of the basic shots I took...

This is my 1st screen shot of the opened picture file that I am using for my main image, I did not crop the image or use any effects just the mid-shot on its own.


Next, I added a picture box and used the fill tool to colour it white. I then used the text box tool to create my masthead, 'Schoolorama'.



The next thing I did was to add my main feature line and cover lines to my front cover by using the text box tool and experimenting with the font type, size & colour to contrast with my magazine cover.



Fourthly, I inserted a picture of a barcode which I made myself, along with main features magazines include in their conventions such as; website name, date, issue number, price & barcode. This was to give my magazine the realistic look to it.


Finally , I added more cover lines and 'exclusives', along with my tagline for my magazine; 'Smart by nature' .

No comments:

Post a Comment