Sunday 7 November 2010

Planning Production


Front Cover Image for my Music Magazine

For my front cover image, I am using a medium close-up shot of a model posing with some sort or music representor e.g a guitar, drums or a microphone etc... hopefully capturing their individual personality.


This image, of the 'Cheryl Cole' is  perfect example of the image layout I will use for my magazine front cover.
I have realised that Q magazine is probably the main example of a magazine which matches the same conventions and genre of music of my magazine. So  i am going to analyse a front cover from this Q issue.







Coverlines for my Music Magazine
  • Album of the Year
  • Interview with the Kings of Leon (interviews with recording artists will be a regular feature)
  • My life in music – interview with ‘Connor Hodgson'
  • Investigation into concert ticket prices
  • Leeds Festival Highlights
  • The story behind the Liverpool echo arena
  • Fan vs Steward
  • Music Scouting - Get Yourself Noticed!
  • Biggest little moments of 2010
  • Gigs abroad – the dos and the don’ts
  • Do you have to be a crazed fan??
  • MTV Channels fix
  • Pink live in concert-exclusive pictures!



Text for my Contents Page
  • Editor’s letter
  • Fan’s letters
  • Album reviews
  • Number 1 hits or ‘No-Go’ releases – positive and negative achievements/song releases/stage outfits/performances
  • The Realistic Manager – music lovers reports on artists/songs
  • Rehab list – small ads where music lovers can buy and sell albums/merchandise/memorabilia
  • Paparazzi – the month in pictures
  • Rehearsals – tips on becoming the ideal recording artist
  • Backstage Break – puzzles, cartoon strip, competitions
  • After-show Party – inside back cover page, featuring a recording artist in every issue talking about their greatest Number Ones
  • Converse Craze!



Images Needed for my Contents Page
  1. A picture of the Echo Arena in Liverpool
  2. ...of Connor Hodgeson (the artist I am interviewing)
  3. ...of myself for the editor's letter
  4. ...of concert tickets, with prices in view
  5. ...of a Leeds Festival wrist band
  6. ...of 'Pink' live in concert
  7. ...of an acoustic guitar
  8. ...of a pair of converse trainers

No comments:

Post a Comment